Tips from Guardian Storage
Try these storage tips to help keep your belongings safe and protected with Guardian Storage. A few precautions will go a long way to ensuring there are no surprises with your valuables. Contact us today if you have any questions and our experienced, long-term staff will be happy to help.
A Few Helpful Storage Tips
- Consider using pallets: Concrete slabs emit moisture, so they can sweat into cardboard. By placing your boxes off the ground on pallets, you prevent moisture seepage from damaging your belongings. We have a limited supply of pallets on hand to use free of charge.
- Consider dust covers or plastic coverings for furniture: With weather changes, there will be changes in humidity and dust covers will prevent excessive dirt or moisture from gathering on your furniture.
- Seasonal storage: Free up space in your home and garage by storing seasonal items such as holiday decorations, snowmobiles, jet skis, lawn equipment, snow tires, or anything else you can think of.
- Do not store food: Keeping all kinds of food out of your storage unit will prevent infestation from rodents or insects.
- Do not store hazardous materials (such as flammables and explosives): Keeping hazardous materials out of your storage unit will reduce the risk of fire or other damage to your belongings or the belongings of neighbouring units.